× Chat about any non-phonecard based talk in here.

What is 1023 Cottage (Dummy Card) worth

7 years 1 month ago #245 by Fitzer
Any idea what Card no 1023 Cottage (dummy card)is worth, this card is still in its original wrapper?

All the best
Fitzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #246 by nick
Replied by nick on topic What is 1023 Cottage (Dummy Card) worth
Hi Fitzer,

Could you attach some photos of the Callcard to a post here? I am not aware of these dummys ever been officially wrapped. Generally the dummys go for €10-15+ and sometimes substantially more, particularly early dummy cards with the chip in an offset position.
By providing pictures it would make estimating a value far easier :)

Nick

7 years 1 month ago #247 by Fitzer
Replied by Fitzer on topic What is 1023 Cottage (Dummy Card) worth
Nick

Pictures attached.

Fitzer
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nick

7 years 1 month ago #248 by nick
Cheers for the scans Fitzer :) . I'm not too sure if the wrapper was put on later or if the card came wrapped to begin with. I have seen these ones with the chipset position cut out going for €15~. There are also some with no cut out and they have the full image printed, you can see more examples here in the gallery.
Do have a look carefully at the wrapper, does it look like it could have been resealed? Piero Tintori, in his book "The Concise Irish Callcards Catalogue" suggests that to identify if a Callcard has been resealed, the sealing around the top and bottom of the card (where the wrapper is closed) should be tight and there should be no sign of any white residue where the sealing of the wrapper is.

Hope this helps :) . Any more queries do feel free to post here :)

Nick

6 years 11 months ago #252 by novelty9
Replied by novelty9 on topic What is 1023 Cottage (Dummy Card) worth
hi i have 10 of these cards used are they worth anything

6 years 11 months ago #254 by nick
Are your 10 Cottage callcards missing the chip or have a full print picture of the card (see here for e.g). If they have a position cut out for a chip, and the chip has not been forcefully removed then they would certainly have some value. I have picked up these dummy cards for under €5 before but certainly €12~ may possibly be feasible.
It is hard to give a good indication these days as the demand for Callcards over the last while has declined.
If the cottage cards you have all have different chips well then I'm afraid they are of little value used unfortunately. There was well over 1, 000, 000 of these cards produced over a few years. This is why quite an interesting variation exists among the Cottage cards such as different addresses on the rear, color tones, chips etc.
These is an exception to this, however, the " Black Back Cottage ". This is considerably rarer than the other chipped cottage callcards as it is a test card. Mint it would be worth 70+€ these days

Hope this helps :)

Nick

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds